Since my last blog post on Group Discussions in Second Life I have gone to several in Second Life. I go to them to learn from the moderators and participants. To hear from their points of view and to keep an open mind about the subject. Because even though I have knowledge and experience I also know that I do not know everything.
Overall I have learned that a lot of moderators believe that only they know. Where they might state that it is “their opinion” they emphasize during the group:
- They have extensive knowledge and experience. Even if they admit that they just researched the topic for an hour before the meeting.
- That their way, interpretation, experience, knowledge is the only one that counts.
The few times that I have commented on something during the group meetings I am often told that it isn’t right and my opinion not valid. Mostly because the experience and knowledge I have comes from different areas that they discredit. Then at the end of the day I remind myself of what I wrote:
- Head: Genus Head Strong (Free Gift)
- Body shape: Genus default with modifications
- Mesh Body: Lucy Body Atenea (MM Board Win)
- Hair: Eternity by Truth (Group gift group fee 350L)
- Eyes: Genus Project Eyes
- Dress: Catheryne Dress Maitreya Fitted Navy by Le Fil Casse (Free gift at SL 17B)